Have you ever played trivia? Or have you ever had a cup of coffee? Chances are if you said yes to one of those questions, you’ll enjoy this…Hate to break it to you, those questions are not apart of the trivia, sorry!
Anyways, let’s begin!
- How was coffee discovered?
- Someone in panama dropped a coffee bean in hot water and then drank it
- Goat herders tried the coffee berry after noticing “dancing” goats
- A baby ate a coffee berry and didn’t sleep for two days
- A dog carried the berries to his owner who ate them and got a boost of energy
The real story: in the 9th century, a goat herder watched his goats get an abundance of energy after eating the berries off the coffee tree, it was as if his goats were “dancing”. He tried the berry for himself and wasn’t able to fall asleep that night.
- What are the two main types of coffee beans?
- Liberica and Excelsa
- Arabica and Robusta
- Liberica and Robusta
- Arabia and Robots
The main bean: The two most common types of coffee beans are Arabica and Robusta. Arabica beans make up close to 60% of the total world consumption of coffee. Here at SF Bay Coffee, we use 100% Arabica coffee beans.
- What country grows the most coffee in the world?
First place: the country that grows the most coffee in the world is Brazil. They produce close to 1/3 of the world’s supply. Vietnam produces about half that, and yet they are in second place!
- Which two US states grow coffee?
- Hawaii and California
- Texas and Florida
- Alaska and New York
- Hawaii and Florida
US Farmers: The two states in the US that grow coffee are Hawaii and California. Hawaii has a climate that is optimal because of its location to the equator. California just recently started growing coffee so they could get in the game!
- What is the worlds most caffeinated country?
Coffee Addicts: Finland is the most caffeinated country in the world. On average, they go through more than 25 pounds each year. The average American goes through around 11 pounds a year!
- What is the Guinness World Record for the largest cup of coffee ever filled?
- 8 ounces
- The bed of a Ford F150
- A 9-foot-tall cup
- Some guy just poured it straight into his mouth until Starbucks ran out of coffee
Thirsty? : The largest cup of coffee filled was a 9-foot tall cup. This was 3,487 gallons worth of caffeinated goodness that set the world record in 2012!
- Where does the word coffee come from?
- Italian for caffeine
- Arabic for wine
- French for French roast
- Russian for bean
Word search: the word “coffee” came from the Arabic word for “wine”, “Qahwah”.
- How much caffeine is in decaf coffee
- 2-12 milligrams
- The same amount as regular coffee
- 23-35 milligrams
The truth: Decaf does not mean caffeine free! Decaf coffee has somewhere between 2-12 milligrams of caffeine.
- What event helped coffee get popular?
- The industrial revolution
- A coffee tasting party in the white house
- When tom Cruise had brunch hosted at his house in Hollywood
- The Boston Tea Party
Party Time: The Boston Tea Party helped popularize coffee in America! It also helped energize the troops during the revolutionary war.
- How many cups of coffee do you need to drink to overdose?
- None, you can’t overdose
- 1, I overdose every day
Call 911: you need to drink around 30 cups of coffee in a short amount of time to actually overdose on coffee! Hopefully, you’re nowhere close, but let’s be honest, it is addicting!
1-3: Time to study! You don’t know too much about what you’re drinking! Time to go buy some of our coffee and start your hands-on studying!
4-6: Moderately Knowledgeable! You could use a bit more studying, but you know more than some!
7-10: You’re a coffee genius! Pat yourself on the back while you sip on our delicious drink!
How much do you know about what you’re dinking! Let us know where you stand, and if you have any more fun coffee facts, let us know them below!