LET THE YUM BEGIN
No joke, this coffee rubbed steak taco recipe guarantees the success of any gathering.
Setting The Scene
Can you hear the steak sizzling in the pan? Imagine the smell of spices and coffee filling the air. Feel the texture of the cilantro and tomatoes as you slice them with ease. Now layer each taco with the perfect steak, to bean, to veggie ratio.
That's what I'm talkin' bout.
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. ground coffee
- 1 avocado
- 1.5 lbs skirt steak
- 1 red onion
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 lime
- 8 corn tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop onion, tomatoes, and cilantro. Add in black beans and chopped jalapeno. Juice and zest 1/2 lime and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Season steak with coffee grounds, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté in a pan with olive oil for 3 minutes on each side, then finish in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Let rest for 5-10 minutes so juices can evenly distribute.
- Assemble your tacos -- slice the steak into bite-size pieces and place in your corn tortillas. Garnish with beans and pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and avocado.
- Finish with a squeeze of lime juice