Celebrate National Homemade Cookie Day with this pumpkin spice latte inspired recipe.
These cookies are described as:
pillowy, buttery, and cinnamon-cream-cheese-topped
Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit In The Raw
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Cookies
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Make the cookies: Place rack in center of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet parchment paper or a silpat mat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, Monk Fruit In The Raw, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients, then mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Drop dough by large, rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly with your fingers. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned at the edges and dry to the touch. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting: Beat together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and butter on medium low. Beat in the cinnamon and vanilla extract. Spread over cooled cookies and serve.