Hazelnut, the WWII alternative to chocolate, has become a staple in many kitchens around the world. And to celebrate National Hazelnut Cake Day we found this special Hungarian flour-less hazelnut cake and thought, heck, we should pair up this moist, flavor rich cake with an obviously similarly flavored coffee. Hazelnut Creme.
One of our most popular flavored coffee. One sip and you'll know why! We add the essence of wild German Hazelnuts for a creamy, nutty, and ever so smooth flavored coffee.
Indulge in the cake and finish it off with this incredibly popular hazelnut coffee.
Gloria T. May 4, 2016 - 5 Stars
Love this coffee, have been on recurring order plan for years. Love the Hazelnut.
- 12 ounces hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 5/8 cup white sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup chopped hazelnuts, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Grind hazelnuts until very fine. Add baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow in color. Beat in the ground hazelnut mixture.
- In a separate CLEAN bowl, with a CLEAN whisk, whip the egg whites until stiff. Quickly fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture, then add the remaining whites and fold in until no streaks remain.
- Pour into a 9 inch springform. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until top of cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool on wire rack.
- When cake is cool, slice horizontally into 3 layers. Whip the cream until stiff, and spread generously between layers, on top and on the sides of the cake. Sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top for decoration.
Original Recipe From AllRecipes