Trying to lose weight, but don't want to give up your daily caffeine fix?
The good news is, you can still drink coffee. The bad news is if you're one of those sugary drink consumers... STOP!
A cup of black coffee contains about 5 calories so its not the coffee that caused you to put on the extra lbs. Don't worry, it happens to us all.
With it being the new year, health is on everyone's mind.
Lucky for us, making a few simple changes to your daily cup of coffee can be easy.
For one, reduce or eliminate sugar!
Adding Flavor without Sugar
- Add coconut oil because it helps curb cravings while providing fuel for the body
- Or add a scoop of protein powder. It add sweetness, but also make you feel satisfied and full longer.
- A co-worker of mine adds a protein drink mix to her coffee!
- You may have heard people are now adding collagen to their morning drinks. Some of the collagen's benefits include our GI tract, skin, and our joints. Don't worry, good quality collagen should typically be flavorless.
- Bulletproof your coffee by adding MCT oil (AKA Coconut oil) and grass-fed butter) Hit blend on your nutri-bullet and you won't be missing those frappuccinos.
- Personally, I add cinnamon to my coffee.
Lastly, cutting out or reducing the amount of sugar you consume will help you lose weight and overall feel better. However, it may take time for you to totally wean yourself off of sugar. After all, sugar is addicting. I suggest starting out by cutting the sugar in half. That includes half the creamer if it contains sugar. The end goal is being able to drink coffee black. And if you're struggling, just remember that if you drink multiple cups of coffee a day with creamer, it adds up. Personally, I'd rather eat my calories than drink them!
Another incentive is all the money you can save. You won't need to spend five dollars everyday on calorie dense espresso drinks.
Sugar especially processed sugar is an inflammatory. It's linked to diabetes, heart disease, obesity, and cancer among other things.
Don't forget to enter our February giveaway! Use the #SFBCoffeeLove to have a chance at winning some FREE COFFEE!