Have you ever put something in the trash and thought to yourself, I wonder if there is something else I could do with that. Yeah me neither, but once you learn about these 7 surprising ways to reuse your favorite coffee, you just might rethink your definition of trash.
1. Coffee repels ants - apparently ants hate coffee. They hate it so much that if you sprinkle some around areas of infestation those little annoying creatures will run for the hills.
2. Coffee has an exfoliation mask - I won't be rubbing coffee on my face anytime soon, but many folks have made the claim that coffee can reduce inflammation & redness in your face and even reduce the appearance of under eye circles.
As a dad of two young ones, I know what it means to have bags under the eyes. I may have to take up this coffee mask routine.
3. Deter cats from using your yard as a litter box - I like cats. I don't like cats pooping in my yard. Some research suggests a mixture of orange peel and used coffee grounds will keep those unwanted kitty cats outta the planter box.
4. Coffee will keep your fridge from smelling - I can personally attest to this one. I've put a coffee filled sachet in my fridge to get rid of a funky smell and sure enough, it worked.
5. Coffee will mask scratches in your furniture - just a dab will do. Have a scratch in a dark piece of wood, use a cotton swab, dip it into steeped grounds and rub it in. Supposedly this will cover up that unwanted scratch. Might want to test in an inconspicuous place first.
6. Coffee will get rid of snails and slugs - some call it, Natural Slug Control, I call it clever reuse.
7. Coffee will clean your tools and make them like new - Much like coffee will exfoliate your face, placing a few teaspoons of grounds on a rag and going to work on your dirtiest tools will drastically improve the look and feel.
Have any tips yours to reuse your coffee? Let us know in the comments.