READY TO SAVE SOME MONEY?
Hey, have you heard about coffee ice cubes? Kind of making the rounds right now. We thought this might be a good time to share one of our favorite DIY Iced Coffee recipes with a little add-on.
When you add ice to your coffee two things are occurring; quick chilling of the hot brew & dilution of the coffee. On hot days like the long summer has planned for us, iced coffee drinks are the perfect morning drink. BUT, the dilution part can ruin a perfectly blended coffee concoction. Watered down coffee is a no no.
You don't need to spend your hard earned money on an add-on item like ice. Not with this quick and easy process.
8 STEPS TO ICED COFFEE BLISS
- Step one - brew coffee
- Step two - let coffee cool
- Step three - poor coffee into rubber tray (like this one)
- Step four - place in freezer
- Step five - remove from the freezer after 3-4 hours
- Step six - Ya done!
Of course, you can change it up by using straight Cold Brew Coffee or coffee that you have laced with a creamer. Let your imagination fly. The point here is, making coffee ice cubes, not hard.
The point here is, making coffee ice cubes is not hard.
How about an iced coffee recipe to go along with this super simple coffee cube DIY?
ICED CARAMEL COFFEE RECIPE
- Brew hot coffee - 1. 5 cups
- Add caramel sauce - 1/4 cup
- Add the sugar - 2 -3 tablespoons
- Stir until both the sugar and caramel sauce have dissolved.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill until cold.
- When you’re ready to serve, divide the coffee between 2 tall chilled glasses filled with coffee ice cubes.
- Add milk or half-and-half to taste.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired, then garnish with cinnamon if you’re using it, drizzle additional caramel sauce over the top.
If you make this recipe, share it Instagram and tag us, @SFBCoffee, we'd love to see your creation and we might even feature your image on our profile.