Coffee Marinated Pork recipe
- 5 oz cold black coffee
- 5 oz sweet soy sauce
- 5 oz Madeira wine
- 4.5 lbs pork belly rib rack
- Mix together the coffee, soy sauce and Madeira wine. Put the rib rack in a dish and pour on the mixture, turning to coat it all over. Cover loosely with cling film and put in the fridge for 4 hours (or leave overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 240 F
- Lift the ribs out of the marinade and put them into a roasting tin. Baste with some of the marinade (reserving the rest), then cover the roasting tin with foil and cook for 5-6 hours, or until the meat is falling off the bone, basting every so often with more marinade.
- Take the tray out of the oven and cut between the bones to make individual ribs. Turn the oven up to 425 f.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a pan, bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for about 4 minutes until it’s a bit syrupy. Paint the ribs with marinade and return them to the hot oven.
- Cook the ribs for about 7 minutes, then take them out, turn them over, paint with the rest of the marinade and return to the oven for a final 5-7 minutes.
- When ready to eat they should be sticky and dark.
HT - Telegraph